Our Apprentice Ensemble is designed for dancers ages 7 and up who love to dance and perform but are not yet eligible for the main company. Apprentice Ensemble members participate in all large Repertory Company performances. In order to customize each dancer’s training and to be more inclusive of additional genres we have updated our class requirements. Dance Creations Academy’s Apprentice program is designed to develop, inspire, and sustain a love of dance in every student. Our primary goal is to produce classically trained, versatile dancers. Our program offers technique rooted in the traditions of classical ballet, contemporary and jazz with progressive age-appropriate curriculum. Careful thought and consideration went into designing this program for our young dancers. We do not want to overschedule them or have them burn out by the time they are teens. We want for our dancers to be well rounded artists and humans and to remain passionate about their artform. We believe that quality classes over quantity and not rushing the process goes a long way in producing these results. The expertise and dedication of our faculty offers our dancers a challenging and comprehensive program that will prepare them to achieve their goals. Our dancers have gone on to pursue degrees in dance performance and/or pedagogy, dance with professional companies, dance in the commercial industry or become dance instructors and choreographers.
- All dancers will be required to take ballet class once a week
- Dancers in Ballet 1b – 2a will be required to take a second class. The addition class may be another ballet class or a contemporary class or jazz class.
Dancers interested in pursuing Ballet ensemble should register for two ballet classes. Those who are interested in Jazz and / or Contemporary ensembles should sign up for those. Many of our Repertory Company members dance in all three genres. It may be helpful to look at the requirements and what to expect in the main company when deciding what to register your dancer for. Please reach out if you need guidance in deciding your dancer’s classes.
- All dancers must attend weekly rehearsal in the Fall – Spring (no summer rehearsal). Weekly rehearsal is scheduled around the dancer’s required ballet class.
- All dancers must attend occasional Saturday rehearsals (these will increase closer to show dates).
- Participate in all performances
- Participation in 5 week summer classes (May 30-June 29)
- Participation in Ballet Intensive Jr. (July 10 – 14)
- Excellent attendance. Your presence at rehearsals is imperative. Missing dancers affect the whole group and throw off formations etc. Excellent class attendance is also important to the dancers’ development. Of course we understand that illnesses happen and would not expect your dancer to come to class or rehearsal sick. Please let us know immediately if you know you will be absent.
* A note about Summer classes & Intensives: We understand that some dancers may miss a portion of the summer. If this is the case for your family, please email Melissa right away and we will come up with a plan for your dancer.
The cost for Apprentice Ensemble is $50/month Aug 1 – May 1. This covers the cost of rehearsals and is not part of the multiclass discount. This does not include tuition for your ballet/jazz/contemporary technique classes.
How to sign up: Please log into your customer portal and select the “Events” option from the drop down menu. You will see “Apprentice Informational Meeting” as a class option. Please register there.
Please sign up by Monday, May 15th.